- English speaking driver
- parking fees
- Entrance fees Eur 11 per person
- private guide Eur 120 (if requested)
Pick-up at your location around 9:00 AM /Earlier
Spend an half day discovering Pompei!
Pompeii was founded in around the 6th centuries BC and in the 80 BC became a Roman Colony, with name CORNELIA VENERIA POMPEII. On august 24thof the year 79 AD, the city was buried under 6 meters of ash and lapilli (24 feet) because of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius and was abandoned and forgotten until the 1600, when, accidently, its ruins were found.
Nowadays Pompei's archaeological site is one of the most famous in the world, with approximately 3 milion visitors a year. It is one of the most significant proofs of Roman civilization and, like an open book, provides outstanding information on the art, customs, trades and everyday life of the past.
Among the main attractions of the archaeological site there are:
- The "foro" , which was the place in which it held public debates and religious events: was the real heart of the city.
- The "Lupanare" , wich was a secret room where the wealthy owners' slaves prostitute themselves.
- The "Casa del Fauno", which was a sort of modern residence, in which there was also a kind of shopping mall.